If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
The Ben Kinsella Trust
close About Me
- 'Now it truly is the time to stand up and put an end to this.' - Kinsella Family
- Me, Myself, and I
- After Ben Kinsella was tragically murdered in June 2008, his family set up this Trust in his name. Ben was only sixteen when he was stabbed to death, in an unnecessary act of horrific violence that shocked the nation. He had just finished school, was predicted, and received, top grades that he never learned of and was just about to begin a life full of promise that was cut short by the devastating and growing problem that is knife crime.
Today is two years since Ben was tragically murdered. Brooke will be on GMTV early this morning to talk about life since then, and we're launching a new website for The Trust.
You can visit it at:
0 Comments 150 weeks
* To pass on the legacy of Ben – by making sure he and the amazing impact he has had since he died is never forgotten.
* To promote knife-crime awareness – many people believe that knife crime is not their problem and will never affect them. Sadly this is being proven wrong more and more and we want to ensure that everyone knows the threat this problem poses to our lives.
* To educate children of all ages of the consequences of knife crime and what it can do to a family – by ensuring children as young as primary school age know the difference between right and wrong and will never consider picking up a weapon, be it through peer pressure, fear or simply believing it is cool, we aim to send the message to kids today that carrying a knife is not acceptable.
* To hopefully one day build a youth centre in Ben’s name – as a tribute to him and to help protect, support and nurture the kids on our streets. There are not enough recreational facilities for children in our country and we believe that when kids are kept busy and active, they are less likely to get into trouble. We would like to base our youth centre in Islington where Ben grew up and is known and loved.
0 Comments 150 weeks