If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Profile views: 681
- Profile created: August 2006
- DORICANA Now on iTunes!
- Me, Myself, and I
- February 2007 saw the release of 'Songs from the Cold Store'. The name is inspired from a refrigerated food store on a ship I worked on. This was the only place I could play and sing loud without waking the night shift workers on the ship up. Imagine the cook's first impression when he came into the Store to find me wrapped up in a big jacket, note pad and guitar in hand!! Once I had played him some Beatles songs and helped him with the frozen steaks I had my practice room deal sewn up! Having worked throughout Europe, West Africa and the Arctic Circle I have drawn on these experiences to write songs that reflect the moods I felt at those times as well as the feelings of isolation and loneliness that comes with working in that environment.
www.colinclyne.com iTunes, www.cdbaby.com/ and various outlets
close Band Members
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
It's been a while since I was last in touch with some of you.
I am delighted to announce some UK gigs in August but due to the credit crunch, swine flu and Peter & Jordan's impending divorce (shocking) I'll be sticking to playing in Scotland!
Following my Scottish tour I'll be doing some recording in London where I'll be continuing to work with current Rolling Stones Engineer Alan Sanderson on the follow up to my 2007 debut 'Songs from the Cold Store'. There are very few of these left but I believe these are unlimited on iTunes if you fancy giving Apple the lions share of your 99p per track!
Hope to see some (all?) of you somewhere, sometime.........till then!
* 4th Aug - 1030pm - Bar 99, Backwynd, Aberdeen
* 6th Aug -12 noon- Highland Gathering Festival, Silver Sands Complex, Lossiemouth
* 7th Aug - 10pm - The Tunnels, Carnegies Brae, Aberdeen
* 8th Aug -Secret 'Impromptu' gig in the Highlands, email me for details!
* 11th Aug - 9pm - The Liquid Ship, 171 Great Western Road, Glasgow
* 13th Aug - 4pm - Jenners Grand Hall, Princess Street, Edinburgh
* 13th Aug - 11pm - Whistlebinkies, 4-6 South Bridge, Edinburgh
* 14th Aug - 3pm - Royal Mile, Lower Stage, High Street, Edinburgh
* 14th Aug - 4pm - Jenners Grand Hall, Princess Street,Edinburgh
* 15th Aug - 8pm - The Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Acoustic music centre, Orwell Terrace, Edinburgh
* 16th Aug - 3pm - Jinty McGinty's, 21-29 Ashton Lane, Glasgow
0 Comments 200 weeks
Review by threeweek.com apparently!
Accompanied by 'Big Gav' on lead guitar and in a classy black fedora, Colin Clyne played a set of mellow country blues, with a kind of Skynyrd-meets-Gomez indie sound. At their best when ripping up tunes fast and lively, and with Clyne's strong Scottish voice lending their music a nice, fresh touch to the imaginative and sometimes irreverent lyrical material, the two guitarists' performance was good, straight-up stuff. Occasionally Clyne's guitar playing turned bland, not straying far outside the comfortable boundaries of open capo chords, and Gav's Texas blues guitarist aspirations had the tendency to muddy rather than elevate, jarring with the more sombre rhythm playing. A good performance nonetheless, a warm sound, and an enjoyable hour...'3/5
0 Comments 245 weeks
Good day kind folks,
Starving Dog Records are proud to announce the release of a Christmas LP for charity. All of the artist were asked to vote and among us we decided that cancer and the environment were what we felt most passionate about. If anybody has any further questions about this feel free to get in touch and I'll put you to the right person.
The note below is from the eternally industrious Marivn Glover of Starving Dog records, he has been the brains, brawn and driving force of this worthy project.
We need to raise $4,600 in order to secure the minimum amount needed to produce the holiday CD. If you are at all interested in purchasing a CD and helping us get it to you this year. Please buy now through the PayPal at www.starvingdogrecords. com
The track listing so as of now is:
Here is Christmas – Colin Clyne
God Rest Ye Merry Gentleman – Cheeky
2000 Miles – Marvin Glover
Santa Baby – Amy Stouffer
Go Down Moses – Saul Kaye
Winter Wonderland – Sweetloop
Little Drummer Boy – Gerry Perlinski
The Christmas Song – Marvin Glover
Oh Holy Night –Katie Wilson
Joy - Mark Bosnian
Advance Reviews – This is a beautiful adaptation of the original songs by Ann and Nancy Wilson. Colin's voice sounds stunning amidst the expert guitar playing of James Hood. This will be a great song to put on sitting by a roaring fire with family and friends.
0 Comments 250 weeks