Association for International Cancer Research
- Profile views: 1,649
- Group created: April 2008
- Cancer knows no boundaries. Fortunately, neither do we.
- Me, Myself, and I
- The Association for International Cancer Research funds cutting edge research into the causes of cancer. In the past 30 years, we have supported a large variety of projects in all corners of the world. We currently have more than 210 projects underway.
Our Scientific Advisory Committee sits twice a year to evaluate project proposals from some of the world's top scientists. After intense scrutiny we then award grants to those projects that meet our strict criteria. This ensures that AICR funds only research of the highest quality. In the financial year 2009/2010 we funded 48 projects worldwide in 15 different countries
If you are able to assist us in supporting cancer research projects by making a donation, however large or small, please donate here: http://www.aicr.org.uk/donate.aspx
Association for International Cancer Research,
Registered in Scotland, No 152991.
Charity No. SC022918
A group of Leica camera enthusiasts have put together a book to raise money for AICR. The users of the L•Camera Forum were offered the chance to submit up to three of their images to be in with a chance of appearing in the book. For every image submitted there was a mandatory donation of £10, which is going directly to AICR. The book is 120 pages long and offers a variety of different images such as landscapes, people, travel, architecture, nature/wildlife and sport.
The book is available for anyone to buy and AICR will receive £5 from each copy sold. So far over £7,000 has been raised just from the entry submissions alone!
If you would like to support AICR and the very generous L•Camera Forums members then you can buy a copy of the book here: http://www.blurb.com/books/1397107
0 Comments 154 weeks
Our April competition is now underway. This month we are giving away a Sony Cyber-Shot DSCW180 Digital Camera.
This is what Sony has to say about the model:
"The W180 is the new super slim, compact and easy-to-use camera - a perfect entry to the world of Cyber-shot. This 10.1 megapixel camera not only looks great, it’s clever too, with a 3x optical zoom and advanced shooting features such as Face Detection, SteadyShot and Smile Shutter technology, making it really simple to use. Measuring less than 19mm, the W180 is small enough to pop in your pocket. When you’ve seen a great moment, intelligent shooting sets you free to snap and socialise without worrying about camera setting."
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning this fantastic camera then all you have to do is answer the question on our website: http://www.aicr.org.uk/Competition.aspx
Competition closes at Noon BST on Friday 30th April 2010. The winner will be chosen and notified within 14 days. Only one entry per person please. Multiple entries will be disqualified.
0 Comments 163 weeks
Help us smash our target of £55,000!
This year’s London Marathon takes place on Sunday 25th April and AICR is proud to announce that we will have a team of 28 dedicated runners running on behalf on our charity.
A big hello to our marathon class of 2010; Alex, Anjali, Ben, Chris, David B, David S, Debbie, Greg, John, Katherine, Keren, Lee, Lucy, Mary, Michael, Mike G, Mike K, Neil, Nicola, Nigel, Oliver, Paul G, Paul H, Paul W, Robert, Sarah, Thomas, Tom D, Tom W and Will, Zoe.
The London Marathon is one of AICR’s biggest fundraising events and this year we want to raise more money for research than ever before! That’s why we’ve set a sponsorship target of £55,000 – almost double the amount of money raised in the 2009 London Marathon!
What does this money mean to AICR?
£55,000 will pay for an entire year’s research into cancer by an experienced scientist.
Unfortunately, all of our guaranteed places have now been allocated, but it’s not too late to join Team AICR and join 35,000 other runners in one of the world’s greatest mass participation events!
Use your ballot place to run for AICR and you will receive;
* A welcome pack including a running vest, t-shirt and tips and advice on fundraising
* Full training support in the run up to the big day including tips, email updates, and first-hand
advice from staff who have run the marathon
* Unsurpassed support on race day from us and support materials for your family/friends
* Post race reception with buffet, drinks and shower facilities
* An extraordinary feeling of pride, knowing that you are playing your part in changing the
history of cancer research
If you would like to join our team please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Suzanne on 01334 477910.
0 Comments 164 weeks
close Video Box
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
- Online Competitions (22)
- London Marathon 2010 (19)
- Marathon des Sables 2010 (2)
- What's My Name? (1)
- Ride Right Round - Belize (21)
- Ride Right Round - Guatemala (4)
- Visit from MSP Nicola Sturgeon (6)
- Ride Right Round - USA (43)
- Ride Right Round - Mexico (8)
- Ride Right Round - Canada (41)
- Ride RIght Round - UK & Ireland (48)
- Ride Right Round - Morocco (21)
- Ride Right Round - Europe (10)
- Ride RIght Round - Mongolia (90)
- Ride Right Round - Mongolia (90)
- Ride Right Round - Russia (86)
- Leuchars Airshow 2009 (49)
- Leuchars Airshow 2009 - Part 2 (39)
- Ride Right Round - Osaka, Japan (44)
- Ride Right Round - Tokyo (25)
- Ride Right Round - Singapore (19)