If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
Women Of Ireland
close About Me
- Featuring Irish Music, Song & Dance From Ireland’s Finest Female Performers
- Me, Myself, and I
- ‘Celtic Goddess’ …a show spectacular from the ‘Women of Ireland’ and ‘Frankie Gavin & De Dannan’.
The ancient cultures of Ireland held the idea of the divine feminine in such great esteem that a symbol was ascribed to represent aspects of female identity in youth,
motherhood and wisdom, embodied by three interconnecting spirals. The triple goddess stood for unity, co-operation and participation with nature and all creation, showing woman in her warmth, compassion, strength and fortitude.
The show ‘Celtic Goddess’ is a celebration in music, song and dance of the beauty, power and mysticism of womankind. The talents of the Irish female performer are superbly brought to light on stage by the group ‘Women of Ireland’ comprising three vocalists, representing the ancient triple goddess, together with an outstanding female instrumentalist and world class female dancer. Joined onstage by traditional super group ‘De Dannan’ led by the world’s greatest fiddle player Frankie Gavin
- Women of Ireland
- The act known as ‘Women of Ireland’ comprises the best female performers within the Irish musical tradition. The name ‘Woman of Ireland’ refers to a beautiful piece of music bearing the same name and known in the Irish language as ‘Mná na hÉireann’, which translates as ‘Women of Ireland’.
‘Women of Ireland’ the act will showcase various female artists in an effort to demonstrate the well of talent that exists within Ireland’s traditions of music, song and dance. The common theme inherent in all performances will be the presentation of the most revered qualities of Ireland’s ethnic music which will be transported from the Irish fireside to the international concert hall platform. Special significance will be placed on depicting the pure qualities of Irish music in a contemporary setting.
‘Women of Ireland’ premiered in the United States of America in January 2009 as part of a 10 week coast to coast concert series with the Dublin Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Frankie Gavin & De Dannan
- Frankie Gavin is one of the genuine legends of Irish music and was a founding member of Irish traditional group De Dannan. For many years traditional super group De Dannan were the forerunners in the Irish traditional music world but after 33 years, 14 albums and a number of changes in the line up, the group disbanded in 2003. During the summer of 2009, world famous fiddle player Frankie Gavin will unleash a new De Dannan which in his own words “will reflect a De Dannan of the 21st century”.
The new De Dannan line up will comprise Frankie Gavin on fiddle, flutes & whistles, Michelle Lally on vocals, Eric Cunningham on percussion, flutes & whistles, Damien
Mullane on accordian & Mike Galvin on bouzouki & guitar. In the recent past Frankie and the aforementioned performers have played support to the Rolling Stones at Slane Castle (Ireland), performed at The White House (Washington D.C.) for President Bush and performed at the ‘Dubai Irish Festival’ (U.A.E.)
No friends :(