If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
The Charlatans Fan Page
- SOME FRIENDLY
- Me, Myself, and I
- The Charlatans (known as Charlatans UK in the USA to avoid confusion with the 1960’s group of the same name) were originally formed in Birmingham, England by bassist Martin Blunt, who recruited fellow West Midlanders; Rob Collins (keyboards), Jon Brookes (drums), John Baker (also known as Day) (guitar) plus vocalist Baz Ketley.
- Early days (1990-91) -
Former Electric Crayons singer Tim Burgess (from Northwich) replaced Ketley before the release of The Charlatans debut single “Indian Rope” in 1990 on the band’s own Dead Dead Good Records label. It proved an indie hit and the group soon found a major label, Beggars Banquet off-shoot Situation Two, in time for the release of The Only One I Know which reached the Top 10 in the UK singles chart.
A further single, Then, and debut album Some Friendly, were released later that year to great commercial and critical acclaim.
- Us & Us Only
The Charlatans are.....
Tim Burgess - Vocals
Mark Collins - Guitar
Martin Blunt - Bass Guitar
Jon Brookes - Drums
Tony Rogers - Hammond Organ, Keyboards
- The Charlatans
- With the release of their 10th studio album You Cross My Path in March 2008 The Charlatans broke the mould in the burgeoning digital age to be the first band to initially give the album away for free in conjunction with XFM and their own website. Within ten days the album had been downloaded over a 150, 000 times before ceasing with the physical release coming six weeks later through a licensing deal with Cooking Vinyl records.
- The Charlatans Official networks:
- MySpace http://www.myspace.com/thecharlatans
Tim Burgess http://www.myspace.com/timburgess
- Fan page
- Send a link to this fans page to your friends!!
- Lisa Boslem
- Kelly Griffiths
- Kelly M
- Aaron Hay
- Melanie Edge
- Jenni France
- Grant M
- Stuart Rae
- Nicola M
- Andybell Undercover W...
- Craig Thorburn
- Noel Gallagher
- Andy Newton
- Megan McLean
- Shona Glasgow
- Adriana Lima
- Elky Jeffrey
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
0 Comments 135 weeks
The drummer for The Charlatans, Jon Brookes, collapsed on stage last night (15th Sept) during a gig at Philadelphia’s Johnny Brenda’s.
Early into the set Brookes suddenly collapsed and stopped breathing. Fortunately there was a doctor in the audience who administered first aid and got the drummer breathing again before the paramedics arrived minutes later. Brookes was taken to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Philadelphia and during the night was given a CAT scan and has been responding well to treatment. He has now been transferred to a larger hospital in the city for further tests, although his condition is said to be improving and doctors believe there will be no long term effects on his health.
Fans are advised to check the website regarding future gigs..
0 Comments 139 weeks
Live Session from BBC2 includes interview, My Foolish Pride, Your Pure Soul, Can't Get Out Of Bed. Aired September, 1st 2010
New album "Who we touch" out this Monday.
0 Comments 140 weeks