If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Welcome to Coulter's very own Bebo site, brought to you by www.bebo.com/yourlocalmedia
- Me, Myself, and I
- Coulter's Bebo is brought to you by Your Media Channel and supported by the Scottish Parliament (see Blog).
Please also visit:-
Coulter's Networking Sites
Facebook: COMING SOON
A new community website Coulter is coming soon.
For the latest local news and information for Coulter and Lanarkshire, please visit:-
South Lanarkshire TV
BBC News for Lanarkshire
We are not responsible for any content on any people's pages linked to ours.
- COUNTRY, COUNTY & WHERE TO FIND COULTER
- SCOTLAND, part of the United Kingdom, though it has its own parliament, laws and education system. LANARKSHIRE, Scotland's most populated county outside of the cities. Coulter is near the Royal Historical Burgh of Lanark, the town of Biggar and the village of Symington. Coulter is a short drive from the M74 motorway and is situated on the trunk road to Edinburgh.
- ABOUT COULTER
- A condensed history of Coulter will appear here soon. See the photos of Coulter on this site for more information (coming soon).
- SPORTS ORGANISATIONS
- Due to space restrictions, here are just some of the sports organisations found in and around Coulter. See also Groups, Bands and Friends modules for other sports organisations.
- LOCAL ORGANISATIONS
- Due to space restrictions, here are just some of the local organisations found in and around Coulter. See also Groups, Bands and Friends modules for other local organisations.
- MAJOR EVENTS
- More major events to follow.
- LOCAL AMENITIES
- Nearest shops are available at Biggar, Abington and Symington, plus Abington Services.
Nearest hotels and public houses are available at Biggar, Abington and Symington, as well as the Coulter Mill.
1 community hall.
1 children’s play area.
Nearest sports facilities area available at Biggar, Abington and Symington.
Nearest railway stations are at Lanark and Carstairs Junction, with frequent train services to and from Glasgow and most towns in Lanarkshire. Other major railway stations at Motherwell and Lockerbie also provide services to other UK destinations. For train time information visit www.nationalrail.co.uk .
Frequent bus services to Biggar, Edinburgh and Dumfries. For bus timetable information, visit www.andypreece.co.uk/glasgowbus/ and key-in Abington.
Glasgow International Airport and Edinburgh International Airport provide frequent air services to worldwide destinations. For plane information, visit www.glasgowairport.com or www.edinburghairport.com .
Abington, Crawford, Coulter, Lanark, Biggar and surrounding towns and villages have many places to dine, stay and be entertained. For more information, visit www.visitlanarkshire.com and www.southlanarkshire.gov.uk
- LOCAL RADIO & NEWSPAPERS
- Lanarkshire's L107 Radio www.L107.com
Real Radio www.realradio-scotland.co.uk
Clyde 1 www.clyde1.com
Clyde 2 www.clyde2.com
Smooth Radio www.smoothradioglasgow.co.uk
Rock Radio www.rockradioscotland.co.uk
Capital FM www.capitalfm.co.uk/scotland
Insight Radio www.insightradio.co.uk
Radio Awaz www.awazfm.co.uk
Celtic Music Radio www.celticmusicradio.net
Revival FM www.revival.fm .
Radio Kilimanjaro www.radiokilimanjaro.org.uk
Azimuth Radio www.azimuthradio.com
SubCity Radio www.subcity.org
Radio Magnetic http://radiomagnetic.com
Radio 6 International www.radiosix.com .
Plus all BBC Services, Classic FM, Talksport and Absolute Radio on FM, AM, DAB, Satellite and Freeview, with additional radio services available on all digital platforms.
Evening Times - daily newspaper www.eveningtimes.co.uk . Lanark Gazette - weekly local newspaper www.lanarkgazette.co.uk .
- Your Local Media
- The Podcast Channel
- Azimuth Radio
- Celtic Music Radio
- Rock Radio
- Deluxe Lingerie
- Images Lanark
- Lanark Web
- Biggar Web
- Abington Web
- Candymill Web
- Carnwath Web
- Causewayend Web
- Covington Web
- Dolphinton Web
- Dunsyre Web
- Elsrickle Web
- Hyndford Web
- Kaimend Web
- Lamington Web
- Libberton Web
- Newbigging Web
- Quothquan Web
- Roberton Web
- Symington Web
- Thankerton Web
- Walston Web
- Wiston Web
- Wolfclyde Web
Aileen Campbell, SNP MSP for South of Scotland, has lodged a
motion in the Scottish Parliament congratulating Carstairs
Junction resident Arthur Grainger on his initiative to create
social networking sites for towns across Lanarkshire, including
those in the Clydesdale area of the South of Scotland region .
The sites, built around networking site Bebo, allow local
residents and people from further afield to connect together to
share news about events and what’s happening across the area.
Sites include www.bebo.com/lanarkweb, www.bebo.com/carlukeweb
and www.bebo.com/larkhallweb, as well as sites for Carstairs
Junction, Biggar, and towns and villages across North and South
Lanarkshire. As well as individuals, local organisations and
businesses including newspapers and radio stations are able to
link into the sites.
Commenting, Aileen Campbell MSP said:
“Setting up all these sites has been a fantastic achievement by
Arthur, and I am delighted to recognise this with a motion in
the Scottish Parliament.
“Used carefully, social networking sites are a great way of
joining up individuals and organisations. Dedicated sites for
so many of the towns and villages across Lanarkshire and the
Clyde Valley will bring news and information closer to local
residents that ever before. Of course the internet can’t
always replace traditional media, but this helps to join things
up in a new and imaginative way.
“I would encourage anyone with access to the internet to check
these sites out and if they are part of the network, to sign up
and show their support.”
0 Comments 183 weeks