If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
Quantum Of Solace
- Bond Is Back!
- Me, Myself, and I
- Quantum of Solace is an upcoming video game based on the films Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace. The game's release is to coincide with the release of Quantum of Solace. The game will be the first James Bond title published by Activision; the company acquired the video game license to the James Bond franchise in 2006. The game will be released on multiple platforms and, according to the official site, is being developed by four different companies: Treyarch, Eurocom, Beenox, and Vicarious Visions. It will be powered by the Call of Duty 4 game engine. This will also be the first James Bond video game to be released on a current generation console as well as the first to feature Daniel Craig's voice and likeness.
- Offical Websites
- The core gameplay in Quantum of Solace will be that of a first-person shooter. Throughout the game, however, the view will switch to a third-person view to emphasize that the players are being James Bond. This third-person view will be used with a cover system and quick time events, among other scenarios. An example is using quick time events to chase an enemy during a level that is a recreation of the construction site chase at the beginning of the Casino Royale film.
- All versions Multiplayer in Quantum of Solace has been confirmed with multiplayer modes for up to 12 players that include unique Bond modes. The game will also feature a "Bond vs. Bond" mode, as well as a "Golden Gun" mode. Wii owners also receive four players split-screen local multiplayer in addition to the online multiplayer. Domination and Conflict have been confirmed and more modes are going to be announced soon.
- In May 2008 an official site for the game went live. Currently the site features video, pictures, weapons, story, concept art, and news regarding Quantum of Solace movie and game and more will be added as development continues and the release date nears. Treyarch has said that multiplayer will be a big part of the game and will reveal the multiplayer for the new Bond game at a game convention in late August. The content already featured on the site is from both the 21st and 22nd Bond films, Casino Royale and Quantum of Solace. Leaked screenshots surfaced in early July. The official trailer appeared online July 15.
- New Games
- Activision have anounced that they will make all of the folowing 007 films into the game most of the games will be out on PS3 1st but then xbox later on.
- more info
- go to the blog for more information!
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
Activision have decided to make more james bond films as they come out.As bond 23 is going to come out fact with Daniel Craig they said there bound to make that film and the others after just like Nightfire, Goldeneye,Everything or nothing and Agent underfire there will be more games but they will be made by Activison.Treyarch dont know wether there going to help so they might have some other company like ubisoft or EA games like the others but until then keep looking for news!
0 Comments 226 weeks
If there's one publisher that has the ability to craft some of the best first person shooters, it's definitely Activision. Housing the amazing next-generation Call of Duty engine, Activision can provide all of their developers an opportunity to avoid unnecessary tweaking and fine tuning, and allow them to concentrate on the adventure at hand. Unfortunately for Treyarch, they must've been too preoccupied with using the COD4 engine in order to build Call of Duty: World at War, and forget they still have another FPS game that's in need of attention. And thus, our first attempt at a great James Bond shooter since GoldenEye, has gone down the drain...again.
Despite it's name, Quantum of Solace actually covers the events of both Daniel Craig films, but it starts off with events from Quantum, and leads into playable flashbacks of Casino Royale - the first of which is the, now famous, chase scene from the beginning. The game is more focused on the events of Quantum of Solace, though, so you aren't exactly getting a two-for-one experience here. That said, the game does exaggerate the events of the movies by adding in or extending the gun fights, so as to extend the overall experience.
Expectations for this Bond game were surely high when I found out that it'd be running on the Call of Duty 4 engine. "How could they possibly screw this up?" I said to myself. Well they did. Again. Quantum of Solace utilizes some pretty cool gameplay mechanics, such as a seamless switch to a third-person perspective when you're taking cover, as well as quick time events (QTE) when you're engaged in close-quarters combat. But then the problems begin to arise.
While the general feel of the game seems solid, the objectives and the overall progression shows fault. For one, there is far too much redundancy. A few stages in, you'll quickly realize that you've been doing the same thing the entire time: running for cover, shooting over your back, and repeat. The pace here is largely axed by the cover mechanic in the game, which Treyarch abuses to the point that it's just tiresome after a while. The objectives also don't come off as very diverse, and you'll largely find yourself going off on generic tasks and missions.
If you can get past the average game structure, and you're just looking for a game where you can just shoot, shoot, shoot, then Quantum of Solace should appease you. But if you're looking for a really polished experience and are looking for Call of Duty quality here, you won't find it. I will say that aside from the objectives, the gameplay actually has quite a bit of potential, which makes the multiplayer portion of the game quite a bit of fun, assuming you can find people to play with.
Unfortunately, even the multiplayer aspect is below average, as it only supports a meager 12 people. This leaves me asking, why go through the trouble of using such a great game engine, when you don't even utilize the strengths that made it great in the first place? Since Treyarch was working on COD: World at War, why not employ that knowledge and inject it into Quantum of Solace, as well? Why not make Quantum feature that same kind of attention to detail as Call of Duty? Why give us such a generic story mode? Why rob us of total players online? And why not give us any co-op modes? Even if Quantum of Solace boasted better mission structure, it'd still be too barebones to be considered anything great.
As far as the visual execution goes, I will give Treyarch some credit in that department. While the game may start off a bit on the bland side, as the underground portion seems a bit...gray, as soon as you make it outside, you'll notice that the graphics begin to shine a bit more. The visuals are a mixed bag, as the outdoor areas boast some really nice texture work all over the buildings and such, but the indoor stuff isn't as impressive. Unfortunately, some of the more nature-friendly areas aren't exactly filled with great looking foliage, anot
0 Comments 226 weeks
UK high street retailer Gamestation has detailed the contents of its forthcoming Quantum of Solace videogame Collector’s Edition pack for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360.
Set to retail for approximately GBP 49.99, the Collector’s Edition release contains the following items:
- Collectible "007" Metallic Game case
- Exclusive Bonus Disc featuring behind-the-scenes videos with key actors from the game and movie
- Collectible "007" Metallic Game case
- Only on Blu-ray: Over 10GB of exclusive content on one disc, including the game and behind-the-scenes videos about the game's development at Treyarch
Quantum of Solace is scheduled for release in the UK on October 31 and November 4 in North America.
0 Comments 237 weeks
close Which Bond Villain Are You?
close What Type of Killer Are You?
My result is: Link
what model are you?
Who's Your Perfect Celeb Mate?
Whats yuurh real name?
what will your baby girl look like
how interesting are you?
What colour best suits your personality?
What Rocky Horror And The Picture Show Character Are You?
See More Quizzes