If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- We Men Are Wretched Things...
- Me, Myself, and I
Famed warrior of Greece, although his brutal hate for King Agamemnon's rule divides his men from the rest of the Greek army – The Greeks have been united by Agamemnon, and Achilles' allegiances lie with no one. Along with his fierce pride and talent for killing, Achilles wants his name to live throughout history, and agrees to fight at Troy only for that purpose.
Situations conspire against him, and his cousin and close friend, Patroclus, is killed by Hector, Prince of Troy, mistaking him for Achilles. Achilles is distraught, although eventually exacts his revenge upon Hector, killing him in the shadow of Troy's gate, and brutally mistreating his body. But, eventually, events turn, and he will not return to Greece.
His name will live on in history.
- Throughout time, men have waged war. Some for power, some for glory, some for honour – And some for love. In Ancient Greece, the passion of two of history's most legendary lovers, Paris, Prince of Troy, and Helen, Queen of Sparta, ignites a war that will devastate a civilisation. When Paris steals Helen away from her husband, King Menelaus, it is an insult that cannot be suffered. Family pride dictates that an affront to Menelaus is an affront to his brother, Agamemnon, powerful King of the Mycenaeans, who soon unites all of the massive tribes of Greece to steal Helen back from Troy in defence of his brother's honour.
- Do you know what awaits us, just past that beach? Immortality. Take it. It's yours!
- You Won't Have Eyes Tonight,
- You won't have ears or a tongue. You will wander the Underworld blind, deaf and dumb, and all the dead will know: This is Hector, the fool who thought he killed Achilles.
- Place two coins upon my eyes, and watch me sail away.
The flames carry me t'ward the light, every memory retained.
For I will not return to here, and we will meet again.
- Lord Achilles of Greece was a hero of the Trojan War, in Ancient Greece, more recently portrayed by Brad Pitt in the film Troy, although I highly doubt the real Achilles looked like that!! Unfortunately, as I am neither Achilles not Brad Pitt, this must be just RolePlay. <-- Go Google it.
Achilles – Famed Greek warrior, son of Peleus and Thetis, who dipped him in the River Styx, so that he was invulnerable, except for the heel where she had held him. When the Trojan War began, the lure of fame, and his name living on through History draws him there, although, with a brutal hate of King Agamemnon, it seems as through he's as likely to attack the Trojans as the Greeks.
Hector - Prince of Troy, and next in line to the throne, after King Priam, his father. Fiercely loyal to his family and his country, a national hero, although he knows he risks his life for Troy, every day. He loves his wife, Lady Andromache, and his baby son, but knows, inside, that he won't live to see him grow up.
Paris - Prince of Troy, and Hector's younger brother. He stole Queen Helen of Sparta from her husband, King Menelaus, although never realises the seriousness of his actions. He regularly tries to be as brave as his brother, although he still has a lot of growing up to do.
Agamemnon - King of the many tribes and nations of Greece, commanding a large army of many thousands, and a force to be reckoned with. He hates Achilles with a passion, although he knows that having him fighting is the only way they can win the war. The Trojan War began by family pride dictating that an affront to Menelaus, Agamemnon's brother, is an affront to Agamemnon himself, although it swiftly turns into the Grecian King wanting more power and territory for himself.
Menelaus - King of Sparta, along with his wife, Helen, allegedly the most beautiful woman in the world. Menelaus is King Agamemnon's brother, a proud man, and, having never asked for anything from his brother before, he requests use of Agamemnon's army to attack Troy to return Helen to him.
Odysseus - King of Ithica, one of the Kings united under King Agamemnon's rule. The only man, other than Patroclus, than Achilles will listen to, and Agamemnon plays to that... Odysseus is also the hero of The Odyssey, and he first came up with the idea of the wooden horse.
Priam - King Priam is the King of Troy, and loved by his subjects. He does what he can for the city, as well as respecting the Gods, including Apollo, the Sun God, the patron of Troy. He is distraught when Troy falls, although he knows there is nothing he can do, for the Gods willed it...
Patroclus - Achilles' cousin and, in some translations of the Iliad, his lover, although that is not portrayed in the film version of Troy. Achilles trained him in sword fighting and other fighting disciplines, and Patroclus wants to fight alongside his cousin and the Myrmidons, although Achilles constantly tells him he is not ready. Patroclus respects his cousin, knowing of Achilles' strength and loyalties, although that does not stop him being fiercely individual and independent.
Helen - Queen of Sparta, then a Princess of Troy, as Paris takes her from Menelaus, her husband, and King of Sparta, back to Troy, sparking off the whole Trojan war. Helen was considered the most beautiful woman in the world at that time, and Andromache and Briseus soon accepted her into the royal family.
Briseus - Paris and Hector's cousin, a beautiful young woman, or marriageable age, although she chooses the life of a virgin priestess, serving in the Temple of Apollo, the Sun God, but is taken captive when Achilles and the Myrmidons raid the temple. Her oath of virginity is broken when she learns to love Achilles, her captor, but accepts his offer of freedom, when Priam takes her back to Troy.
Andromache - Lady Andromache is Prince Hector's wife, and mother to their baby son, Astyanax. She doesn't want her husband to go to war, although she knows he
0 Comments 246 weeks
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings