If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
close About Me
- Me, Myself, and I
- Born and raised in Easterhouse, went to Lochend Secondary School (now known as Lochend Community High School).
My family class me and my brother known as a Heniz Bean Special, cos most my family ain't Scottish.
I'm a reaquired at home carer of my mum, it's been too long can't remember how long.
Been to a couple of colleges, always hard to find a part time course that I like.
Always been interested in music at an early age. Learned the classic guitar from my uncle and my mate Tam, then moved ta keyboard and finally drums. Was on Scotland Today once, playing drums. Even sang in France, in front of 150 people or so. Not all were French by the way, there there Polish, Germans, Irish, Welsh, English and of course us Scots.
Check out bebo.com/photographybyelaine
- Snow Patrol, Fleetwood Mac & The Corrs, Queen of the Damned Soundtrack, Linkin Park, Deacon Blue, Texas, The Lost Boys Soundtrack. OneRepublic, Timbaland, SiNKiNG CiTiES, Semisonic, Goo Goo Dolls, Nelly Furtado, Justin Timberlake, Alex Wayt, Paul van Dyk, U2, Janet Jackson.
- All The Matrix films, Underworld 1 & 2, The Lost Boys, Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers and The Return of the King, Queen of the Damned, Stargate. Bluffmaster, Main Hoon Na, Dus, Stardust, Transformers, Iron man, The Green Mile, The Mummy 1 & 2, The Scorpion King and The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor.
- Volunter @
- Royal 1 Radio - since 1st May 1997 = 13 years
East End Internet Broadcast - since 11th January 2005 until Dec 2009
John Wheatley College Internet Broadcast - at present
- Scared Of
- Needles and certain types of snakes and spiders.
- Happiest When
- Playing online games, playing my PS2 games, sometimes drinking when can afford it. Hanging out with mates, talking about films, going to the cinema. Going to college. Spending some time with my very large Polish family once a year. Doing photography at gigs, events, for my family.
- Stow College. John Wheatley College, North Glasgow College.
- People that I've took images of or for
- John Wheatley College, SiNKING CiTiES, RocketFox, Alex Wayt, Racingreen, Beecake, Bridgeton Community Learning Campus, The Platform, Todd Angel, Mr Six, First Step To Failure, Heavy Mama, The Motion Theory, A Joker's Rage, Talk To Angels, D'Nile, The Switchblade Masquerade, The Theory, The Wrong Ones, The Blinding, EastFest, various DJs, various MCs, NRG, Ray Summers, Ildewild, Paolo Nutini, Aaron Wright, Jill Leighton, Acoustic Butterfly, Sinister Flynn, The Blessed Order of Fallen Stars, Aidez-Moi!, AirSpiel, The Musicians of Bremen, Nik Kershaw, Nikki Lee, The Banned, Adriana, David McKellar, Silk Stone, Baldego, Yaya Club, Anna Meldrum, Marie Claire Lee, Idlewild, Type 23, Paolo Nutini, Marie Curie Event, Oxjam Music Festival, Scottish Art Council, Jocasta Sleeps, Altas Sky, Social Schism, Port Cullas, The Wildhouse, Phiktion, Fee and The Urges, Cycle of Zen, The Mode, The Mix Ups, The Anthym, Gary Johnstone and The Blue Bandits, The Rudiments, Pivo Pivo & Catapult @ Maggie Mays.
- My Album (18)
- Newspapers clips & Published Images (29)
- My Mates (21)
- My Media Passes (10)
- Glasgow Images Part 1 (37)
- People I've Meet (28)
- Fireworks 05/11/09 (61)
- Before and After Gigs 1 (96)
- Press Release Images Part 1 (96)
- Animals (39)
- Darek's visit to Kevingrove Museum Part 1 11/07/09 (49)
- Darek's visit to Kevingrove Museum Part 2 11/07/09 (47)
- My visit to Newcastle 07/12/08 Part 1 (49)
- Poland 2008 Part 1 (84)
- Sea Kaykaing (14)
- Turkey 2008 (49)
- A Joker's Rage's night on the town (19)
- Alex Wayt Part 1 (49)
- Alex Wayt Part 2 (49)
- Before & After Gigs 2 (4)
- Before & After Gigs Part 2 (9)
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
close Flixster Movies
Elaine has 39 friends on Flixster. (refresh box)
My Score: 100%
My Score: 100%
My Score: 90%
My Score: 84%
close Tour Dates
Elaine Fisher's fave bands are playing at the following shows:
Fri 12 Aug
Wed 17 Aug
Mon 10 Oct
Tue 11 Oct
Wed 23 Nov
Sun 04 Dec
Wed 20 Jun
powered by GigJunkie
OK its been a while since I wrote on my blog.
If you want a laugh then just watch the latest video clip that I posted.
Maybe you can answer the question. Who's taking who for a walk? Me or the cats?
Now they're not mine cats but my brothers. They actually listen to me but not my brother.
0 Comments 139 weeks
Some good news about my gran.
After been told by the doctors, if my gran couldn't swallow any food then she had two day ot two weeks to live. As you can guess my family were upset by this news.
Beening in hospital for two weeks, the doctors had sent my gran back to her nurses home for after life care. Almost a week or two, she did manage to swallow some yogurt, which is good news to us.
Now its gravy, ice cream and something else, that doesn't make her swallow much.
Even my brother who was living in Doncaster is back for the weekend when he first heard about gran. Hes now back living with us again, I'm hoping he will find somewhere soon.
0 Comments 159 weeks
In an email to Bebo's 40 remaining worldwide employees yesterday, Jon Brod, head of AOL's start up acquisition and investment unit, said: "As we evaluate our portfolio of brands against our strategy, it is clear that social networking is a space with heavy competition, and where scale defines success.
"Bebo, unfortunately, is a business that has been declining and, as a result, would require significant investment in order to compete in the competitive social networking space. AOL is not in a position at this time to further fund and support Bebo in pursuing a turnaround in social networking."
The British-born company is in the process of scouting out any potential buyers for the beleaguered social network, but The Telegraph understands that Stephane Panier, global head of Bebo, has been in conversations with both Brod and AOL's chief executive, Tim Armstrong over the last six months about abandoning the network altogether rather than selling it.
Bebo's UK office, based in central London, is to be closed at the end of this month, after all 30 employees were either made redundant or have subsequently taken the redundancy package.
A source close to Bebo's UK operations said they had been expecting the announcement as user figures had dropped from nearly 40 million per month worldwide, to just 12 million as of February 2010.
They also said that AOL needed to take the blame for the Bebo’s reversal in fortunes.
"The company was not that good at listening to user feedback, doing market research or beta testing. Too many resources were put into the AIM [AOL Instant Messenger] integration and not enough into keeping Bebo bug free and keeping its core features up to date."
AOL plans to have its strategic evaluation of Bebo's future completed by the end of May 2010.
Bebo, as well as MySpace, has fallen prey to the growing popularity of Facebook, which currently has more than 400 million users worldwide.
AOL, which spun off from Time Warner last December, bought the site for $850 million (£550 million) in 2008 from British-born Michael Birch and his partner Xochi. Joanna Shields, the then chief executive of Bebo, who has recently been hired by Facebook to head up its European sales business, engineered the deal and let AOL last May. After the sale went through, Jeff Bewkes, Time Warner’s chief executive admitted that the company had overpaid.
Since Armstrong, Google's former head of US advertising sales, took over as chairman and chief executive in March last year, AOL has cut 2,000 jobs and closed down many of its European and international offices. In an interview with The Telegraph last month, he said: "There were problems at the company. First and foremost AOL was not a competitive from a productivity standpoint."
He added that decades of acquisitions left AOL with "massive amounts of inefficiencies" with hundreds of people running different content management systems in dozens of countries.
0 Comments 163 weeks