If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
Adam and his ants
- "Ant people are the warriors, Ant music is the banner!!"
- Me, Myself, and I
- !!!!! UPDATES!!!!
SIGN THIS PETITION IF YOU WANT ADAM BACK, I NEED YOUR HELP!
PLEASE LEAVE YOUR AGE IF POSSIBLE IF YOU SIGN, THANK YOU!
V V Link Here V V
^ ^ ^ Link Here ^ ^ ^
Do you want to be featured? have a picture of you with adam? or fan art you've drawn? have a story of when you met Adam or the band? Or maybe you have a old picture of you dressed in a ant outfit? let me know and i'll put it here on this page, with your name and whatever info you want with it. email them to me at :
THANKS!! look forward to seeing and hearing from you all soon!
And to everyone who has joined thanks so much for your support!!
will be adding some stuff here in the next 2 weeks keep watching0 Replies 234 weeks
Hey ant fans!0 Replies 254 weeks
It's been a while!
well i have some bad news, there was a possibility that Adam was going to release a art book containing his own art work and some of whome have inspired him. But sadly there was not enough people who showed interest in the book.
So there for, his management ,and publishers have pulled out on the idea of making it happen.
Such a shame.
But hey, they said maybe somtime in the future they may reconsider. Lets hope so eh?
Anyway, you take care all my fellow ants. x
P.s Keep checking for my news updates!!
This page's booming!0 Replies 260 weeks
gotta find some more stuff to add!
so come on guys any help will be appreciated.
(i will also say thanks to... underneath any thing you found.)
Just like to say thank you all for the great comments!
see ya online soon! if any of you wanna add me on msn also , do so!
speak straight to the antchick! lol
see ya around!
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
(unofficial links site.)
(lyrics and tab site)
(random info and albums site)
(cool Ant site!)
more links soon.
1 Comment 267 weeks
these were the albums of adam ant there are a few others he done with the ants.
check wiki-pedia for further info.
* Friend or Foe - October 1982 (UK #5/US #16)
* Strip - November 1983 (UK #20/US # 65)
* Vive Le Rock - September 1985 (UK #42/US #131)
* Manners and Physique - March 1990 (UK #19/US #57)
* Antmusic: The Very Best of Adam Ant - September 1993 (UK #6) (some UK versions came with an 18 track live Bonus CD)
* Persuasion - unreleased 1993
* B-Side Babies - April 1994 (US)
* Wonderful - April 1995 (UK #24/US #143)
* The Very Best of Adam And The Ants - April 1999 (UK #33)
* The Very Best of Adam And The Ants: Stand and Deliver - September 2006 (UK #39) (some UK versions came with a DVD featuring 8 music videos)
* Anthology CD - January 2007 (UK release) Sony/BMG licenced to United
* Dandy Highwaymen (The best of..) - 2007
* TBA - 2008
 Singles and other releases
* "Goody Two Shoes" / "Red Scab" - CBS single- released 1982 (UK #1, US #12 + Aus #1)
* "Friend or Foe" / "Juanito the Bandito" - CBS single- released 1982 (UK #9)
* "Desperate but not Serious" / "Why do girls love horses?" - CBS single- released 1982 (UK #33, US #66)
* "Puss n Boots" / "Kiss the Drummer" - CBS single- released 1983 (UK #5)
* "Puss n Boots" extended version / "Kiss the Drummer" extended version - CBS 12" single- released 1983
* "Strip" / "Yours Yours Yours" - CBS single- released 1983 (UK #41, US #42)
* "Strip" extended version / "Yours Yours Yours" extended version - CBS 12" single- 1983
* "Apollo 9" / "B side baby" - CBS single- released 1984 (UK #13)
* "Apollo 9" (Orbit Remix) / "B Side Baby" - CBS 12" Single
* "Apollo 9" (Splashdown Remix) / "B Side Baby" / "Apollo 9" (Dub Mix) - 12" Single
* "Vive le Rock" / "Greta X" - CBS Single - released 1985 (UK #50)
* "Vive le Rock" (Remix) / "Greta X" - 12" Single
* "Room at the Top" / "Bruce Lee" - MCA single - released 1990 (UK #13, US #17)
* "Can't Set Rules About Love" / "How to steal the World" - MCA single- released 1990 (UK #47)
* "Rough Stuff"/ "Bright Lights, Black Leather" - MCA single- released 1990 - Germany & US only
* "Wonderful" / "Goes Around" - EMI single - released 1995 (UK #32, US #39)
* "Gotta be a Sin" / "Dog Eat Dog (Live)" EMI Cassingle and double CD - released 1995 (UK #45)
* "Beautiful Dream [single version]" / "Let's Have A Fight" EMI single - unreleased 1995
 Remastered CDs - released 2004 and 2005
* Friend or Foe - Remastered
* Strip - Remastered
* Vive Le Rock - Remastered
* Redux - (bonus CD w/ unreleased tracks available exclusively in the Adam Ant Remastered box set)
* Adam Ant Remastered - 4 CD box set (May 2005) - A slip case with 3 remastered albums (Friend or Foe, Strip, Vive Le Rock), room for the three Adam and the Ants remastered albums, and the Redux bonus CD.
* Adam Ant Remastered - 7 CD box set (October 2006) (re-release with all 6 remastered albums and the Redux bonus CD. )
* Antics In The Forbidden Zone
* B-Side Babies
* ANTBOX (3-CD Box Set) (2001)
* ANTBOX (3-CD Box Set) Re-released (2003)
* Extra Wonderful (EMI Download Release 2006) including unreleased Beautiful Dream single tracks.
0 Comments 267 weeks
A Short life story...
Adam Ant (born Stuart Leslie Goddard on 3 November 1954) is an English musician who gained popularity as the lead singer of 1980s New Wave/post-punk group Adam & the Ants and later as a solo artist. He is also an actor, having appeared in two dozen films or television episodes between 1985 and 1999.
Goddard, an only child, was born in Marylebone, London. His first school was Robinsfield Primary where he created a considerable stir by heaving a brick through one of the windows. Matters were presumably settled to everyone's satisfaction for he continued to attend Robinsfield. He also attended St Marylebone Grammar School. One of the themes he used in his later work - suppressed minorities - was part of his inheritance; he is of Romnichal stock. His grandfather, Walter Albany Smith, was a full-blooded Romany. Home was two rooms in de Walden buildings, St Johns Wood. Adam Ant recalls "There was no luxury, but there was always food on the table." His father worked as a chauffeur and his mother was a cleaner, briefly working for Paul McCartney. Although Adam didn't actually meet Paul until many years later, his mother was able to get him an autograph by one of The Beatles.
Ant's early career was as part of the punk rock movement, firstly as one of the "Art School Punk" contingent who followed the original punk groups that included Siouxsie and the Banshees, Generation X, and The Clash. The first band he joined was Bazooka Joe, in which he played bass. It was at a Bazooka Joe gig that Adam was witness to the Sex Pistols first ever public concert, billed as Bazooka Joe's support act. He acted in Derek Jarman's 1977 "punk" film Jubilee. His debut as a recording artist was the song "Deutscher Girls", which featured on the film's soundtrack, and was re-released as a single in 1982. In 1979, having released the album Dirk Wears White Sox and gained an enthusiastic fan base, the Ants were recruited by former Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren. McLaren then turned around and persuaded the three other band members to leave the Ants and form Bow Wow Wow instead.
In early 1980 Adam Ant recruited old friend Marco Pirroni to reform the lineup, sound and image of the band, now featuring two drummers and pirate dress. This new look was used to market the album Kings of the Wild Frontier. Several singles from this album were chart successes. The band's popularity grew, and the follow-up album Prince Charming was highly successful, with three UK top-ten singles (two reaching #1). At the same time he and actress Jamie Lee Curtis had a brief relationship. The Ants split up in early 1982. Newspaper articles of the time offered various explanations for the motivations behind the split. Initially Adam was quoted as saying that the split was amicable but later he was to say that "the interest just wasn't there anymore. It might have been Adam and the Ants on the billboards but not on stage." In addition, it is said that Pirroni quit as he was tired of touring.
After the split, Ant went solo, taking his songwriting partner Pirroni with him. His greatest chart success was 1982's Friend or Foe album, which included the hit single "Goody Two Shoes" which made it to #1 in the UK and Australia, and #12 in the U.S. Other hits from that album included "Desperate But Not Serious", the fan-loved "Place In The Country", and the title track.
In 1983 Ant worked with Phil Collins and Richard James Burgess on the Strip album which was recorded at Polar Studios in Stockholm. The single "Puss 'N Boots" reached #5 on the UK charts, but the BBC banned both the video and the song for the follow-up single "Strip," which peaked at #41. In the same year he was involved in a court case (Merchandising v Harpbond), where it was argued his face-paint was a painting and should be therefore protected by copyright. This claim was rejected by the Court of Appeal, which preferred to opt for the more traditional image of a painti
0 Comments 267 weeks
- WOW yes that would be great!
- i suppose...
- depends where it is...
- not if i had to pay.