If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
dA MaYnOoTh dRiNkIn FaN ClUb
1) Tatanka - This is the favoured mixed vodka drink in Poland. Mix apple juice and Zubrowka (bison grass vodka) in a 2:1 ratio, and serve in a tumbler with ice.
2) Metropolitan - Ben Reed's delicious modified Cosmo. In a shaker 2/3 filled with ice add a large (50ml) shot of Absolut Kurant vodka and a small (25ml) shot of each of the following - Cointreau, fresh limejuice and cranberry juice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Flame some orange zest over the drink, wipe the rim with the zest, and then add it to the drink.
3) Moscow Mule - This fine cocktail became popular again a few years back when Smirnoff launched a ready-mixed version. When made properly it is a superb drink. Fill a highball with ice, and add a large (50 ml) shot of vodka. Squeeze a lime (cut into wedges) into the glass, and drop the husks in. Top up with ginger beer (or ginger ale if that's all you can get), stir and serve with a straw.
4) Vodka Espresso - This cocktail was invented on the spur of the moment by top mixologist Dick Bradsell, when working at the infamous Fred's Bar, in Soho in the eighties. According to Dick, a rather well known model came into the bar, and asked to mix her a drink that would "wake me up, and then fuck me up". Into a shaker ½ filled with ice, add a large (50ml) shot of vodka, a large shot of freshly made espresso coffee, a dash of sugar syrup and a dash of Toissant liqueur (or Kahlua if you haven't got it). Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass.
5) Bloody Mary - One of my desert island cocktails. Into a shaker ½ filled with ice add a large (50ml) shot of vodka (pepper vodka, such as Absolut Pepper is a good choice), 200ml of tomato juice, Tabasco (between 2 and 10 dashes, depending on your chilli tolerance), 2-3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce, a teaspoon of horseradish sauce, a dash of port or red wine, the juice of ¼ of a lemon, and a quick grind of salt and pepper. Shake and strain into an ice-filled highball. Garnish with a small stick of celery.
6) White Russian - This little number has been around for a while now, but it was recently re-popularised when Jeff Bridges' character (The Dude) in The Big Lebowski downed enough of them to knock out George Best. His version employed milk, but I think the original combination is much better. In a shaker 2/3 filled with ice add a large (50ml) shot of vodka, and a small (25ml) shot of Kahlua. Shake and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Layer a small shot of single cream over the top, by pouring it over the back of a spoon.
7) Anouchka - Created by the legendary Salvatore Calabrese, who mans the Library Bar at the Lanesborough. It was originally made for a Russian guest, who asked for something "strong and sweet". He got it half right! Into a shaker ½ filled with ice add a large (50ml) shot of vodka, and two dashes of crème de mure. Stir, and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Dillitini - Another great Dick Bradsell invention. Into a shaker ½ filled with ice add a large (50ml) shot of vodka, a small (25ml) shot of aquavit, and a handful of fresh dill. Shake very thoroughly for 20-30 seconds, and strain into a chilled martini glass.
9) Detroit Martini - Yet another Bradsell creation! Into a shaker ½ filled with ice, add a large (50ml) shot of vodka, a dash of sugar syrup, a dash of orange bitters and a sprig of mint. Shake very thoroughly for 20-30 seconds, and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with another sprig of mint.
10) Harvey Wallbanger - Reputedly invented by a Californian surfer named Harvey, who had a penchant for Screwdrivers. One day he lost a surf contest, and decided that his usual tipple wasn't strong enough for him to drown his sorrows. He decided to add some Galliano to the mixture, and spent the evening bumping into things, hence the name. In an ice-filled highball add a large (50ml) shot of vodka, and top up almost to the top with fresh orange juice. Stir, and then float half a small (
0 Comments 277 weeks
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
- My Album (5)