If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
What I'm Listening To
close About This App
- About This App
- You can automatically show your friends the music you're playing right now in iTunes, Winamp, and tons of other music players. Powered by Last.fm's Audioscrobbler, the world's biggest music tracker, this app helps you show off your great taste in tunes.
Create a Last.fm profile: https://www.last.fm/join/
download: http://www.last.fm/download/ the software
(it only takes a moment, and it's totally free).
Some small updates today so you can remove a background that you don't like if you added one.
I am chasing the issue affecting so many people where it doesn't update the profiles. I know it's super frustrating and we are still working on it.
The reason it's difficult to fix is:
1. The app works for the majority of users. There doesn't seem to be a single reason why it fails for some people.
2. There are several systems being connected together to pull the information about your song from your PC via last.fm scrobbling systems, via the app and then to your Bebo profile. If any one of these doesn't work then the whole chain breaks.
I'm going to add a way you can test to see where the problem is in the next update - that way we'll be a bit clearer about which bit in the chain is not working.
49 Comments 273 weeks
Thanks for all your comments and bug reports.
The app does work for many Bebo users. However there are still a few who are having trouble. For those who are, please read on.
1. The REQUEST URL error (caused when > ~800 friends) was fixed by the Bebo platform team on 19th Dec. However we are still seeing it on one or two profiles so the bug is still "open".
2. The tracks not updating on your profile (despite scrobbling working on last.fm site) - we made some fixes and this works on many profiles. There are still people for whom it's not working though - we are checking profiles on a one by one basis to see if we can figure out why some aren't working.
If you added the app before the 19th of December and haven't already tried changing your username and then re-entering it, please try this. This worked for a couple of users who were having problem 2. See here: http://www.bebo.com/ForumThread.jsp?...
Sorry it's not the "yay we've sorted out all the issues message you'd hope for" but after the Christmas break the team will be back to deal with the bugs as best we can. Certainly we are planning to get the two bugs above completely closed off by the end of Jan, hopefully much sooner.
52 Comments 280 weeks
We're working to sort out some of the bugs people are encountering - sorry about this - the app is just out of its wrapper so bear with us. It works for loads of people but there are one or too nasty beasties still out there (see the forum for the list we've got so far). Keep reporting them here and we'll deal with them as soon as we can.
44 Comments 283 weeks
A couple facts...0 Replies 202 weeks
1) Bebo makes over $8 million a MONTH from advertising alone.
2) Myspace makes almost $25 million
WE, the users, don't get any of this, even though WE are the ones making the pages, writing the blogs and uploading the pictures!
There's a brand new social networking site which actually pays its members just to use it!
The site has all of the features of bebo, but here's the best bit, the more you use it, the more you get paid!
You think bebo has everything you need- That's fine! I love bebo, and only use this site to make money. Simply join with this link,
And here it is:2 Replies 223 weeks
it worked for 10 mins and then stopped0 Replies 223 weeks