If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Me, Myself, and I
- This is the band for all ye out there that think Harry Potter is God....if ye are reading this join the band if u are real harry potter fans and leave a comment. Harry Potter is the best books ever and so are the movies. HARRY POTTER FOR LIFE!!!This group is dedicated to the sixth harry potter film the half blood prince ENJOY!!!!!!
Voldemort is tightening his grip on both the Muggle and wizarding worlds and Hogwarts is no longer the safe haven it once was. Harry suspects that dangers may even lie within the castle, but Dumbledore is more intent upon preparing him for the final battle that he knows is fast approaching. Together they work to find the key to unlock Voldemort's defenses and, to this end, Dumbledore recruits his old friend and colleague, the well-connected and unsuspecting bon vivant Professor Horace Slughorn, whom he believes holds crucial information. Meanwhile, the students are under attack from a very different adversary as teenage hormones rage across the ramparts.
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(I'd hate for it to get spoiled for you even though it;s only a minor thing)
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GREAT NEWS FROM 'TODAY' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
For the millions in the midst of the seven stages of mourning for the end of the Harry Potter era, take heart.
In her first tell-all interview since the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows,” J.K. Rowling told TODAY’s Meredith Vieira she “probably will” publish a Potter encyclopedia, promising many more details about her beloved characters and the fate of the wizarding world beyond the few clues provided in the seventh book’s epilogue.
“I suppose I have [started] because the raw material is all in my notes,” Rowling said.
The encyclopedia would include back stories of characters she has already written but had to cut for the sake of narrative arc (“I've said before that Dean Thomas had a much more interesting history than ever appeared in the books”), as well as details about the characters who survive “Deathly Hallows,” characters who continue to live on in Rowling’s mind in a clearly defined magical world.
Hogwarts, for example, has a new headmaster (“McGonagall was really getting on a bit”), and Rowling said she can see Harry going back to give the “odd talk” on Defense Against the Dark Arts. That class, by the way, is now led by a permanent professor, since Voldemort’s death broke the jinx that didn’t allow a teacher to remain in the position for more than a year.
Rowling freely offered up these details to Vieira and the 14 fans who asked her questions at Edinburgh Castle in Scotland on Tuesday. In fact, now that she is now longer burdened with guarding the secrets of Book 7, Rowling seemed to delight in discussing her plot choices and clearing up the mysteries that have previously surrounded the books.
The character Rowling couldn’t bear to kill
One of the big stories that has been floating among fans for more than a year is that one character gets a reprieve from death, while two others Rowling didn’t intend to kill end up dying in “Deathly Hallows.”
“Mr. Weasley, he was the person who got a reprieve,” Rowling said. “When I sketched out the books, Mr. Weasley was due to die in Book 5.”
Instead, another father dies in the end of Book 7.
Though Rowling couldn’t bear to kill off Arthur Weasley, that didn't mean the other deaths in the book were easy to take. Given the bloodbath that is “Deathly Hallows,” the writing of it was bound to be an emotional roller coaster.
But nothing in the entire process of the series was more difficult than writing the scene when Harry, accompanied by his lost loved ones — including his parents, James and Lily, and his godfather, Sirius — walks into the forest with the intent of sacrificing his life in the name of defeating Voldemort, Rowling said, adding it is her favorite passage in all seven books.
“I didn't cry as I was writing [that chapter], but when I finished writing, I had an enormous explosion of emotion and I cried and cried and cried,” Rowling said.
“That was partly because of the content — and partly because it had been planned for so long and been roughed out for so long. And to write the definitive version felt like a — a huge climax.”
“The Deathly Hallows” is the climax to the last 17 years of Rowling’s life, a time when she has gone from a single, divorced mother living on public assistance to a happily married mother of three and one of the richest women in the world.
It’s now time to sit back for a bit and enjoy the life that Harry has given her, Rowling said. And, when she’s ready, there’s always that encyclopedia waiting in the wings.
“I’m not going to do it tomorrow because I’d really like a break,” Rowling said, laughing. �
2 Comments 303 weeks
More than any other in the series, more questions are left to be answered:
*If Harry does not return to Hogwarts what will the structure of book 7 be?
*Is Snape truly evil and has he been on Voldemort’s side the entire time? If so, how could Dumbledore have been so blinded by him?
*Where are the remaining horcruxes and will Harry be strong enough to find them without a seventh year at Hogwarts? We know what the horcruxes are; Marvolo Gaunt’s ring which was destroyed by Dumbledore, Tom Riddle’s diary which was destroyed by Harry, a cup belonging to Helga Hufflepuff, either an unknown item belonging to Godric Gryffindor or Rowena Ravenclaw, Voldemort’s snake, Nagini, and a locket belonging to Salazar Slytherin. The locket should have been hidden in a cave, but was stolen and replaced with a fake. Is this the locket Harry encountered in Order of the Phoenix while cleaning 12 Grimmauld Place, and if so where are its whereabouts now? Does Kreacher have it or did Mundungus steal it?
*Who is the mysterious R.A.B who switched the real locket and left a note for Voldemort?
The fact that we care about what happens to Harry is the real magic, not spells or incantations. J.K Rowling has created a group of fictional characters that we have grown to love so much that we care about what happens to him. I don’t know of a better way to measure the greatness of a book.
7 Comments 304 weeks
- We will find out something "incredibly important" about Lily Potter.
- R.A.B's identity will be revealed.
- We will discover more about Dumbledore's past.
- We will learn with whom Snape's loyalties lie.
- Something will be revealed about Petunia Dursley, although we already know that she is not a Squib.
- Viktor Krum will return (World Book Day, 2004 interview).
- We will see a reappearance of Dolores Umbridge: "It's too much fun to torture her not to have another little bit more before I finish." (MuggleNet/Leaky Interview)
- JKR has said "There is a character who does manage, in desperate circumstances, to do magic quite late in life, but that is very rare..."
- Harry will face Voldemort for the final time.
- Harry will be attempting to find and destroy Voldemort’s remaining Horcruxes.
- Harry will return to the Dursleys' during the school vacation, but the magical protection Dumbledore arranged will expire when Harry comes of age on his 17th birthday.
- Harry will go to Godric's Hollow.
- The two-way mirror will make a reappearance.
- Fleur and Bill's wedding will occur.li>
- The fact that Harry "has his mother's eyes" will prove to be an important plot point.
- At least one character will die.
- The last word is expected to be "scar," but may change.
- We will learn the exact reason why some people become ghosts when they die and others do not.
- The final chapter, which has already been written, will detail what happens to the surviving characters.
- There will be no more Quidditch matches
- Release date (US/UK/English-speaking countries): July 21st, 2007
- Page count: 784 (US), 608 (UK)
- Price: 34.99 (USD), 17.99 (GBP)
- Deluxe Edition Price: 65 (USD)
Got these from mugglenet.......i'm going through my total HP madness phase at the mo...CANT WAIT for both movie and the book......AHHH!!! If you have any theories or any extra info COMMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll need to get work off so i can read it undisturbed ...lol.....
Eh Possible spoiler alert - it's about the title....so look away now ...
"Because the title... is very difficult to translate, especially if you haven't got the manuscript, JK Rowling decided to provide an alternative title to all the foreign publishers for translation. The title was 'HP and the Relics of Death' which is easily translater to 'HP och Dodsrelikerna'." (that was Swedish)
The Japanese title, has been revealed as 'HP and the Secret Treasure of Death.'
6 Comments 305 weeks