If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
Animal Liberation Front
- Me, Myself, and I
- The Animal Liberation Front consists of small autonomous groups of people in more than a dozen countries who carry out direct action according to the ALF policy.
You cannot join the ALF by paying a subscription fee or filling in a form.
Any group of people who are vegetarians or vegans who carry out actions according to policy have the right to attribute their actions in the name of the ALF.
The ALF takes direct action against all forms of animal abuse. This action falls basically into these groups:
1) The rescue or liberation of animals from premises or establishments in order to save them from persecution.
Such animals are usually taken to good homes where they will be properly cared for. Animals are only released into the wild if they have a reasonable chance of survival.
2) To inflict economic damage to those who profit from the misery and exploitation of animals.
3) To reveal the horror and atrocities committed against animals behind locked doors, by direct action.
- ALF ideology
- We seek to end bloodshed and violence toward life and to win justice for other species. We believe that animals have the inherent rights of life and therefore cannot be owned as property. Animals status as sentient beings with equal rights means that conducting research on animals is equivalent to conducting research on non-consenting humans.
We believe that animal liberation is not an act of stealing property, but of freeing unjustly detained individuals. Furthermore, we hold that the destruction of laboratory equipment used by animal researchers or property used to exploit animals is an act of neutralizing items that were inappropriately and violently used to violate the inherent rights of living beings.
We are opposed to vivisection, animal testing, speciesism, eating meat, wearing animal products, dissecting animals in school laboratories, using animals for entertainment purposes, or keeping animals as household pets.
- It is time no longer just to question the crime of treating a black person, Jew, or any other human victim of violence “like an animal”; rather, we must also scrutinize the unquestioned assumption that it is acceptable to exploit and terrorize animals.
Whereas the racist mindset creates a hierarchy of superior/inferior on the basis of skin color, the speciesist mindset demeans and objectifies animals by dichotomizing the evolutionary continuum into human and nonhuman life.
As racism stems from a hateful white supremacism, so speciesism draws from a violent human supremacism, namely, the arrogant belief that humans have a natural or God-given right to use animals for any purpose they devise.
- Jeremy Bentham
- "The day may come when the rest of animal creation may acquire those rights which never could have been withheld from them but by the hand of tyranny...a full-grown horse or dog is beyond comparison a more rational, as well as a more conversable animal, than an infant of a day, or a week, or even a month old. But suppose the case were otherwise, what would it avail? The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But can they suffer? Why should the law refuse its protection to any sensitive being? The time will come when humanity will extend its mantle over everything that breathes."
- Nothing contained on this BEBO is intended to encourage or incite illegal acts. Any articles from the press published on this BEBO relating to illegal activities are posted for the sole reason of publishing news related to the ALF and are not intended to incite or encourage similar acts.
The author disclaims all warranties, express or implied on the completeness of any information or that the information may be relied upon or used for any reason and bares no responsibility for the accuracy, content or legality of any linked site or for that of any subsequent links.
- Army Of One
- Nuig Animal Rights So...
- Eddie E
- Monkey In A Cage
- C H A R
- Donna Xx
- Anonymous Activist
- Animal Liberation Front
- Emily Cox
- Animal Lover
- Melissa Elliott
- Until All Are Free
- Rachel Mufc
- Barney Gilder
- Jackie R
- Paula Henry
- El Matador
- Steve Smith
- Animal Liberation Front
Animal Rights Action Network <http://www.aran.ie/> has just released
heartbreaking undercover footage obtained directly inside an Irish pig
breeding facility in Ireland. The footage is today front page headlines in
The Irish Sun.
The horrific footage shows cruelty to pigs, including a grown adult pig,
which, in the video appears to be prolapsing, (her insides hanging out from
her anus). The pig is repeatedly hit forcefully over the head, crushing her
skull as she screams in pain, whilst continuing to be violently hit with a
sledgehammer by the employees at the facility. One employee that works
there, claims this way of killing the animals is an every day occurrence and
is the normal way to do so at the facility-although not legal by any
standards-this way of killing the animals helps to save costs without
calling for a vet to 'humanely' kill the pigs that the facility feels they
cannot sell onto slaughterhouses in Ireland and abroad. During the
investigation many baby piglets have been found dead with their skulls all
bashed in, ironically killed in the very same way. This way of killing pigs
that are unwanted violates Irish animal welfare laws. ARAN has furnished the
Department of Agriculture in Dublin with the findings of the investigation,
after a lengthy meeting with department officials nothing yet has came
about. The Gardai are now investigating the matter further. Irish media
outlets have also came out supporting our finding's.
Some other footage obtained inside the facility include:-
* Workers were seeing smashing the head of a live grown adult pig whom
appears to be pro-lapsing with a sledgehammer, the animal continues to take
the blows of the hammer whilst screaming in pain, before she eventually
drops to the ground and convulses, all this been watched by employees of the
* A Truck full of dead baby piglets whilst another grown pig lies dead
for up to two days as stated by the investigating employee.
* Dead piglets lie among live piglets.
* Grown adult pigs confined to tiny farrowing crates, the pigs cannot
move whilst their piglets gather around.
"Every time we pull back the curtain on slaughterhouses or their animal
factories, we reveal atrocities that would make most people lose their
lunch," says Stephan Wymore for ARAN. "The horrendous abuse documented at
this facility clearly violates Irish animal welfare law, and we're asking
that these people and this company be held accountable."
3 Comments 207 weeks
This week it was announced Barclays and four other large investors dropped all shares in Huntingdon Life Sciences (HLS), Europe's largest and most exposed vivisection laboratory. LSR stock owned by institutional shareholders has now fallen to 12%, placing HLS $4 million below the NYSE minimum listing standard for market value (the only stock exchange listing the company, a major target in the campaign to close HLS).
Following a legal challenge against the CEO's proposal to purchase all of the outstanding LSR stock, an intense global campaign and recent repression against SHAC in Birmingham, a total of 797,284 shares have now been sold. Barclays Global Investors, Barclays Plc, Hartford Investment Management Company, Rice Hall James and Associates LLC, Bank of New York Mellon and Wells Fargo sold all their shares, of which over 400,000 were held by previously largest shareholder Barclays.
0 Comments 208 weeks
The much anticipated Time for Action 4 movie, documenting the SHAC campaign from 2007 - 2009 is now available!
The DVD also contains all of the previous Time for Action movies, as well as undercover footage from inside HLS from 1997 - 2008, and the Channel Four documentary that launched the campaign.
To order a copy, please send a minimum donation of £4 to SHAC, c/o FRIEND, 89 Bush Road, East Peckham, Tonbridge, Kent, TN12 5LJ, please remember to include your name and full address.
Click below to watch the preview
Click below to watch the trailer
0 Comments 213 weeks
- Animal Rights
- McShit - Would you like Fries with that
- Stop Animal Cruelty
- named and shamed
- Bruce - Safe At Last
- Animal Rights Action Network ARAN
- Animal Testing Debate
- Bebo's Veggies and Vegans
- STOP ANIMAL CRUELTY
- Veg NZ.
- Little Devil
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings