If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Me, Myself, and I
- R.I.P AUGUST BROTHER!! WE LOVE YOU WITH ALL OUR HEARTS!!
.....The Official Grammar Homepage
Why is Auckland Grammar School such a special school?
I know of no other school anywhere in the world that consistently is at the top of the academic league tables, puts out over 300 sports' teams each year, has marvellous performance music groups, superb performing arts productions, an international as well as national profile, and this in an era when private girls' schools around the world are dominating in all the positive educational statistics.
The three Education Review Office reports completed in the last 11 years outline the success of the school and reasons for it. A summary of these are attached for your information.
The success of the school is the result of a combination of factors:
* A rich history and tradition
* A magnificent main building and all round excellent facilities
* A prestigious and favoured location
* A student cohort that is generally motivated and ambitious for success
* Unprecedented community support
* Strong governance and management
* Extraordinarily strong teaching and support staff
All of this has created a culture, environment, atmosphere which in a myriad of ways influences how well the boys learn. This culture incorporates the following:
* A focus on instruction and learning; this is the essence of Grammar
* The Headmaster is an instructional leader, first and foremost
* Teachers see their prime role as teachers and instructors
* There is a known and understood instructional programme
* Students are expected to perform well
* Progress in learning is constantly assessed
* There is a coherence within subjects, across subjects, across year groups and among classroom approaches.
The success of the school is also down to the fact that it is exclusively a school for boys, and that must not change. This fact has allowed the school to fill a clearly defined niche in the NZ education scene.
Because it is exclusively a school for boys it is able:
* To help boys develop a strong sense of self-esteem and worth, while accommodating for differences in learning style and creating a climate of disciplined achievement
* To allow teachers to embrace the distinctive tempo, sequence and style of learning specific to boys
* To effectively promote boys' confidence, freedom, self-discipline, academic achievement and leadership skills
* To help boys discover their individual strengths and weaknesses and affording them opportunities to feel good about themselves
* To give boys the freedom to explore their individual interests and identities and pursue their unique potential which will allow them to enter any situation with poise, assurance and dignity.
Auckland Grammar School is the pre-eminent state secondary school in New Zealand.
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings