If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
Three Houses Down
- Profile views: 58,582
- Profile created: November 2006
- EMI Major Label
- Auckland City New Zealand
- We have simply been influenced by those whom we treasure most which is our FAMILY! This is inclusive of the generations who have come before us and have created the path and inspired us through song, music and prayer! The seed they planted those many years ago has remained rooted in our love of music!
close About Me
- "breakout breakout breakout, r u ready to move?!!"
- Me, Myself, and I
- We are "Three Houses Down", a name that represents our closeness as a band and as family members, who literally formed the band three houses down from where we had previously met. We are a 10 Piece band with an amazing brass section, which molds our uniqueness as a Reggae group based out of Otara, New Zealand, that traces our indigenous roots to where we came from. Our debut album “Dreadtown” has been described as a “pacific interpretation of one of the world’s greatest musical genres—roots reggae”!
Request our single KANIKAPILA on NIU FM 103.8, MAI FM 88.6, BIG FM 106.2
For all bookings please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Also Check Out
Three Houses Down are also strong supporters of the H.Y.P.E. MOVEMENT www.myspace.com/thehypemove
Catch us this Friday night at The Mixer Concert in Manukau at Telstra Clear Event Centre playing all them reggae tunes alongside some of New Zealand's hot musoz
On Sat 23rd up at Opononi Hotel with Unity Pacific.. pre slae $20 from Venue Door sale $25 and online tickets availabe www.eventfinder.co.nz..........
2 Comments 167 weeks
Our much awaited 2nd album entitled "BREAKOUT" was released on November 16, 2009! We have worked really hard on this album and we promise, you will not be disappointed. Please tell all your friends about it and make sure you purchase an album!
We will also be updating our bebo page in the next few weeks as we continue to confirm the dates of our upcoming Gig's! So please stay tuned, cos we could be coming to a town near you!!
Thank you for being such loyal fans! thank you so much for your love and support!!!
A Special thanks to our sponsors: 'HUFFER clothing and MONSTER ENERGY DRINKS!
2 Comments 187 weeks
On 19th November 2007, Moving Production released THREE HOUSES DOWN debut album “DREADTOWN”. The album is distributed for Moving Production in New Zealand by EMI NZ Limited.
THREE HOUSES DOWN was formed in 2004 by Robert Pome'e, Lisiate Langi, Sione Pome'e, Charlie Pome’e, Loiola Pome'e (the five founding members) and their friends and family after Rob left another band that was based - three houses up - the road from their parents home. The band PA and equipment was purchased by Rob’s dad Talanoa after some encouragement from the boys grandfather Tevita Aho Pome’e, who sadly passed away recently.
The band is built on a strong choral tradition. Rob, his father and his late grandfather have all been choirmasters. The band are based in Otara and have built up a large and loyal live following by playing gigs week in week out. They are known for tight musicianship, a good work ethic and putting on a great show.
The members of THREE HOUSES DOWN at the time of recording were; Charlie Pome’e (lead singer and rhythm guitar), Rob Pome’e (rhythm keyboards and backing vocals), Sione Pome’e (backing vocals), Lisiate Langi (drums), Clayton Holloway (fender Rhodes, B3 Hammond and grand piano), Vince Brbich (bass), Junior Brown (lead guitar and octaves), Tala Niko (percussion), Siosaia Manu (trombone), Peni Tapueluelu (trumpet) Kalino Pongi (trumpet), Mark Houghton (saxophone) and Nora Pange (lead singer “Island Lullaby).
After months of rehearsal and refinement of the arrangements at the Pome’e home, the album was recorded over 5 days at York Street Studios in Auckland. David Allan co – produced the album with Rob Pome’e and the band. Nic Manders engineered and mixed the album. It was mastered by Andy Van dette at Masterdisk in New York. Three days of live takes without a metronome were followed by two days of overdubs. Mixing took a further five days.
The recording process was made easy by the band’s sense of family, fun, musicianship and work ethic. The album was helped along in true “Island style” with plenty of food, control room dancing, car park cricket, laughs and two memorable kava sessions.
The album comprises 10 songs. Nine of the songs are original compositions. All of the musical arrangements were driven by band leader Rob Pome’e in consultation with the band. The lyrics have been written by a variety of people; Anthem and Dreadtown (lead guitarist Junior Brown), Dandyman, What Bablylon Wants and Duty Solicitor (Band manager Wiremu Puriri), Rastafari (Rob Pome’e), Ghetto world and Island Lullaby (Mary Terepo, band leader Rob Pome’e’s partner) and Soldiers (Keyboardist Clayton Holloway). The tenth song, Foi Paongo, is their unique reggae version of a well known Tongan kava song.
The artwork includes drawings by drummer Lisiate Langi and the pick of the photos of the recording sessions taken by Nic Manders. David Allan art directed and Fagan Wilcox designed the entire CD and booklet layout.
“DREADTOWN” is a cohesive musical statement – a Pacific interpretation of one of the world’s great musical genres – roots reggae. “Dreadtown” has already featured on Radio Australia show “In the Loop” which went out to the Pacific, including Tonga, Rarotonga and Samoa.
Plans are in place for a 2008 release of “Dreadtown” in Hawaii and the United States through Pacific Hawaiian Distribution who have spent the last two years breaking Katchafire into that market.
2 Comments 187 weeks
- PROMO MATERIALS (33)
- 3HD MERCHANDISE (2)
- THIRSTY WHALE (40)
- "Groove the Night" -AUT MAORI EXPO (45)
- THE RISING SUN W/SONS OF ZION (25)
- SOLKRUSH "GRASSROOTS" CONCERT 2009 (18)
- UTAH "ONE LOVE FESTIVAL" 2009 (22)
- BYU- HAWAII 2009 (18)
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA 2009 (9)
- PURE ALOHA - LAS VEGAS, NV 2009 (14)
- RAGGAMUFFIN FESTIVAL 2009 (24)
- MATARIKI NATIVE NOISE (46)
- WAITANGI DAY FESTIVAL 2008 (20)
- SFO BATHHOUSE W/ UNITY PACIFIC 2008 (5)
- SOLKRUSH "UNITY" CONCERT 2008 (19)
- UTAH 2008 (12)
- HAWAII 2008 (24)
- KANIKAPILA - Video Shoot (13)
- SOUTH PACIFIC MUSIC AWARDS (7)
- BREAK OUT RELEASE PARTY 420 BAR Krd (96)
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings