If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- The brave Sir Dan doth make the ladies swoon, forsooth.
- Me, Myself, and I
- Hello. As you can see, this is a profile page of singular quality, more active than a sloth and more artistic than a ferret.
I love completely bizarre and spontaneous conversations, so feel free to comment about whatever, and you'll get sucked down into a whirling vortex of conversation, if you so wish. Otherwise, it's probably best to just tell me to shut up when I start blathering too much.
I'm currently working on my BT Young Scientist Entry, as well as setting up an Amnesty International Student and Youth group in my school with the help of one of the teachers. We plan on holding meetings regularly at 1.10pm in Room 3, every third week.
- The Other Half Of Me
Yeah, well, Googles eats desu for breakfast! Ha!
- Anime & Manga
- I'm into Fruits Basket, DNAngel, Tsubasa, Legal Drug, FullMetal Alchemist, Loveless, Earthian, Petshop of Horrors, Ouran High School Host Club and Death Note.
Legal Drug. And Wish. And xxxHolic. Saiyuki. Chobits, too. Azumanga Daioh. Pandora Hearts.
- I like the Indiana Jones movies, the anime movies by Studio Ghibli, Pirates of the Carribean and Sleepy Hollow. Movies with Johnny Depp. Shaun of the Dead. I <3 Huckabees. Final Fantasy: Advent Children. Ooh, the spiky hair!
Pan's Labyrinth. V for Vendetta. Sweeney Todd- The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. Arashi no Yoru ni. Equilibrium. Hellboy and Hellboy 2. The Man With No Name Trilogy. Freedom Writers.
- Anything by Terry Pratchett, the Valdemar series by Mercedes Lackey and The Redemption of Althalus by David Eddings. And! The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I also like Diana Wynne Jones's books. Good Omens. Robin Hobb's books, especially the Farseer trilogy. His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman.
The Book of Lost Things. The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde. Neverwhere, American gods, Anansi Boys, as well as other books by Neil Gaiman. The Sherlock Holmes books.
- The Hush Sound, Panic! At the Disco, Paramore, Abingdon Boys School, Muse, the Hoosiers, the Feeling, Daft Punk, Sufjan Stevens, Sigur Ros, Vocaloid, classical music, some songs from other bands. I can't think of any more. But I do dislike pop, dance music, My Chemical Romance and anything that makes me want to shout "CRY MOAR!"
- Happiest When
- Sleeping, Reading, Surfing the internet, drawing or painting, reading manga, playing rpg video-games. Lurking on livejournal comms. Or daydreaming. Discussing slash pairings with the Fool. Finding neat little websites. Drawing spontaneous designs on whatever is at hand. Pmog! Zomg! Acronyms. Being happy. Making things for friends' birthdays.
- Final Fantasy IV, VI and VIII, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of Phantasia, Fire Emblem, FE:Sacred Stones, Golden Sun and Golden Sun:The Lost Age. Disgaea 2: Cursed Memories. Okami. Super Smash Bros. Melee/Brawl, The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker, Minish Cap, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Phantom Hourglass.
Pokemon Gold, Crystal, Sapphire, Fire Red, Emerald.
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney, Phoenix Wright: Justice For All.
Elite Beat Agents. The World Ends With You. Persona 4, Persona 3, SMT: DS: Raidou Kuzunoha versus the Soulless Army. Lunar Knights. Metal Gear Solid.
Professor Layton and the Curious Village, Professor Layton and Pandora's Box.
- Favourite things at the moment
- Number 1. Eirtakon!
Number 2. My new tailcoat and awesome hat.
Number 3. An English-German dictionary.
Number 4. Persona 4 and/or Lunar Knights.
Number 5. Contemplating reading those books lying in piles in my room.
Number 6. Tea in general.
Number 7. Drawing inks.
Also, Aikido. 8D Because having permanent bruises on your knees is AWESOME.
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
- Eirtakon 2010
- -Anime and Final Fantasy Domain-
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Official Fan Club
- Studio Ghibli
- xxxxThe Trinity on Highxxxx
- The Compliment Page
- We fall up stairs
- The Tim Burton Appreciation Association
- Ouran High School Host Club
- Tsubasa Chronicle
- The Random Club :P
- No More Racism
I haven't re-ordered my friends thingummy in, well, months. Eh, shilly shally dilly dally! *Shrugs*
0 Comments 235 weeks
Boycott 'em. A country with such a horrible human rights record don't deserve the olympics.
They've locked up objectors, evicted people from houses in the way of where the stadiums were built, blocked Amnesty International's website in China so journalists couldn't access it and are cracking down on Tibetan culture. And that's only scratching the surface.
0 Comments 249 weeks
So, you'd be thinking, a cup of tea is a perfectly simple thing to brew.
Oh, not today, it isn't. Why, pray tell? Because my Aunt is visiting.
Allow me to elaborate.
I had a pot of cold Earl Grey tea on the couter, out of the way. I was, you know, mildly considering the slight faux pas of just adding some freshly boiled water to it. Then, as I go to do that, I find the teapot is missing from where I left it, or where it usually lurks (the draining board.) After a search of all possible cupboards, there could only be one conclusion. I opened the dishwasher. Yes. There it was, for no conceivable reason save for the fact that my Aunt decided the teapot had to be washed.
You don't have to wash teapots. The only thing one ever puts in a teapot is boiled/boiling water and teabags or tealeaves. There is no need, or any logical cleanliness oriented reason, to wash a teapot in the dishwasher. All that is required is for the contents to be emptied and a bit of boiled water to be sloshed around. In my opinion.
Anyway, back to my former tangent. (And I know, it is a fairly boring tangent at that.) Since dishwashers have those little cleaning chemical things in them, the ones which look vaguely like bricks and have ads which show impossibly shiny glasses, I felt I had to clean my teapot out. Since that would do horrible things to the taste. I boiled the kettle. I rinsed both teapots out, the large one and the small one I use. Then rinsed them out with the boiling water.
Teapots (to my estimation) cleaned as much as they could be after being washed in the dishwasher, I decided to get back to making my pot of tea. Ah! I hear you say, the end of this ridiculously long and pointless tea related rant. No. I'm afraid it isn't.
I boiled the kettle again, with some more water in it. (Otherwise, you know, it would have been a boiled-dry kettle and nothing more than steam everywhere. With me panicking and flailing in the middle of it.)
And brewed myself a pot of tea.
Then went out to the computer to get back to my livejournal entry on impassioned plans for the summer, i.e, getting lots of original work done. Since I was feeling pretty strongly about it.
I heard my Aunt calling from the kitchen, which is just the next room. She was asking if I wanted a cup of tea, moments (laterally!) after I had set my pot of tea to brew for about three minutes.
I walked in, thinking I might pour out the tea and actually drink it.
Than my Aunt.
Pouring herself a cup of Barry's Gold Blend from my teapot.
She threw out what was in it (hot tea, mind you, not cold stuff!) and boiled the kettle again. Despite the fact that there was clearly:
a) an empty teapot there
b) HOT FREAKING TEA IN MY ONE.
Since I am a human being with a small measure of self control, I didn't throw the Barry's Tea in her face and yell out why I did it, but explained what she had done wrong in a complete fit of panic. Then transferred her tea to another pot and went to the task of boiling the kettle for the third time in half an hour in order to finally get my cup of tea.
After that, I slammed the door out of the house, ran to the very back of the garden, shouted and kicked some trees.
I'm still angry, and doubly so since I lost my train of thought and good mood, and the tea is absolutely insipid.
Since it was like brewing tea out of a new pot, or say, one that had been washed in a dishwasher and sterilised with boiled water. Any slightly loonly tea drinker such as myself may be able to explain to you the superstition that the deposit left in the bottom of the pot from countless pots of tea makes it taste better.
It certainly helps explain why tea in hotels and restaurants tastes kind of off, and why the pot I just made is completely useless. Aside from the perfectly understandable psychological aspects of the whole affair.
Rant rant rant rant, I'm nailing instructions on what not to do with my teapot
1 Comment 256 weeks
close a Travel Brain
close My Stuff
- ACTUAL photos. (32)
- Amnesty stuff (6)
- Anime and stuff (33)
- Clamp manga and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (48)
- Clamp manga and Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle 2 (48)
- Death note (5)
- FullMetal Alchemist (10)
- My art (21)
- Naruto stuff! (24)
- Official Tsubasa and other Clamp manga artwork (24)
- Phoenix Wright stuff (5)
- Tsubasa (5)