If you are using Internet Explorer 6, you may not have the best Bebo experience. Please consider upgrading.
- Success would be the best revenge!
- Me, Myself, and I
November 27, 2000 thefakesoundofprogress Visible Noise 44 186
October 8, 2001 thefakesoundofprogress (remastered) Columbia Records / Visible Noise
February 2, 2004 Start Something Columbia Records / Visible Noise 4 33 47
June 26, 2006 Liberation Transmission Columbia Records / Visible Noise 1 33 14
Years active 1997–present
Ian Watkins: vocals
Mike Lewis: guitar
Lee Gaze: guitar
Stuart Richardson: bass
Jamie Oliver: vocals, mixing, keyboards
Ilan Rubin: drums
Genres Alternative metal
Labels Sony BMG Music Entertainment
NEW SONG AIR PLAYED FIRST ON RADIO 1 21ST AUGUST, CALLED 'Weapon'!
((HEY FAN'S PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO SIGN THE GUESTBOOK BELOW))
Band owner [[ http://XXXXIan-WatkinsXXXX.bebo.com ]]
This site was created by
"Vampire In Darkness"
0 Comments 316 weeks
THE SINGLE IS ABOUT SHOES – WHAT OTHER GARMENTS WOULD YOU LIKE TO SING ABOUT?
- It’s not really about shoes. It’s a metaphor for not becoming a facsimile of a current trend. People will see through what’s really cool and realise that you’ve ended up losing yourself because you’ve been trying to be so cool but have no personality left yourself.
HAS THAT HAPPENED TO YOU?
- No, I wouldn’t dare preach about it if I had. It’s about people we’ve grown up with. They forget who they used to be because they’re so busy trying to be all about what’s in now.
WHAT ARE YOUR FAVEOURITE SONGS ABOUT CLOTHING?
- Hmm… Baggy Trousers.
CAN YOU EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ‘GOTH’ AND ‘EMO’ TO OUR OLDER READERS WHO MIGHT NOT KNOW THE DIFFERENCE?
- It’s all a load of crap, innit? Bauhaus is Goth. I have no idea what emo is. It’s a word the music press applies to anything it’s not sure of. We’ve been called everything: ‘emo’, ‘new metal’, ‘post hardcore’ – we’ve transcended them all.
YOU’VE GOT A BIG FEMALE FANBASE. HAS BEING SO GOOD-LOOKING EVER CAUSED YOU PROBLEMS?
- Ha ha ha, no, none that I’ve noticed. There are much better looking people in the world. You should ask Johnny Depp that question.
YOU’VE GOT A NICE HAIRCUT. WHAT ARE YOUR HAIRCARE TIPS?
- I just put a lot of hairspray on it and don’t care. When I wake up, there’s so much crap on my hair that when I run my hand through it, it just stays where I stick it. It’s literally the dishevelled, got-out-of-bed look. The cheaper the hairspray, the better it works.
THERE WAS A BIDDING WAR AMONG U.S RECORD LABELS FOR THE BAND AND ONE TRIED TO WOO YOU WITH A BOX OF FREE PORN. WHAT ELSE DID YOU GET?
- Well, the porn was crap – we sold it down the market for £50. We got a lot of dinners, shows, anything. It was awesome. We were six working-class kids from Wales and we loved it. We took everything we could. We had no humility at all.
DO YOU STILL GET FREE STUFF?
- Yes but not the kind of stuff we want. We’re yet to get free Xbox 360s or Dior Homme. We just get free T-shirts.
THE ALBUM WAS A NO.1 HIT. THAT MUST BE NICE.
- Yes, it was wicked – no one expected it. It’s nice to have something to gloat about. As cheesy as it sounds, it’s down to the fact that we’ve toured for six years and steadily built it up. It’s gone up in increments with each album and tour. We didn’t start out big with loads of hype. I really like our old-school rise, just building up from the crappy toilet circuit to bigger venues.
HAVE YOU GOT ANY PERSISTENT SCARY FANS?
- No, I’ve never had a fan turn up at my house – probably because I don’t own one. I’ve just thought of that… all my stuff’s at my parents’ house and then I just stay with friends at people’s houses. We’ve been in the UK more than anywhere else this year but last year we spent most of our time in America. We’re never in one place long.
YOU’RE ‘STRAIGHT EDGE’, WHICH MEANS YOU DON'T BOOZE, SMOKE OR TAKE DRUGS. WHY’S THAT?
- I did all that as a kid. It just got boring. I was ‘straight edge’ before I even knew what it was. I’d done everything, in excess, and it bored me. Some people really like all that and some people get fed up with it.
WERE YOU SCARED OF BECOMING AN ALCOHOLIC DRUG ADDICT?
- No, that attraction wasn’t there. It wasn’t a case of thinking, ‘I’d better stop it because I love doing it too much’. I did it and there was no incentive to keep doing it. I was about 16 when I decided it was too much hassle to keep on like that.
WHAT’S THE WORST JOB YOU’VE EVER HAD?
- I worked in Iceland stocking shelves. I’d go to the basement, get the freezer stock out, put it on a trolley and then stack the shelves. I only lasted four weeks. I was constantly cold and just the smell of cardboard… I can still smell it now. Then you had to chuck o
3 Comments 335 weeks
This Band was made by: http://MRS-Watkins-Way-Urie.bebo.com
0 Comments 342 weeks
close Video Box
Having AutoPlay on gives you the best media experience on Bebo. When you visit another user's profile, their Video Box will automatically start playing their current favorite video.
You can change your account settings at anytime here: account settings
- Lostprophets 20 Taken